Thursday, August 7, 2008

Le Fly Pan Am

I recently gave this band a second chance. Being that they did share members with a band that is HUGELY important to me, I figured it was worth it.

Le Fly Pan Am really redefines post-rock for me (keeping in mind that they did emerge from the birth place of post-rock). However, I do question whether this is an appropriate genre for them, but in retrospect it is the most fitting. This mostly do to the fact that (and I really hate using this term) they do have a 'groovy' ambiance to them.

With driving and at times funky bass lines sitting under straight noise or shoegazey guitars, the band moves between an interesting variety of songs. Keeping this confidence in musical freedom in mind, dead silence or abrasive noise is a frequent antithesis to the previously described style.

Check it out, you might dig it.
Hell, all the titles are in French, it must be good.

dl


Favorite Track: Rompre L'indiffйrence De L'inexitable Avant Que L'on Vienne Rompre Lesommeil De L'inanimй

Rating: 7 Out Of 10

No comments: